1. The new Tame Impala album is quite odd and different and not what all the boring rock folks wanted. That's a good thing.
2. Psychedelic is a state of mind, not a state of guitar so it CAN still be psych without guitars people.
3. Currents sounds a lot like Todd Rundgren, legendary 70s pop star, producer and early dabbler in electronics.
Todd also liked to disappear off and make apparently 'group' albums by himself.
4. Oh... that makes sense then.
5. So if you like Lonerism give Something/Anything a right good crack too. Sweeter Memories in particular sounds like it could be on Currents but then again, so does most of the album.
6. Billboard said this about the songs on one of the albums "(they) have an aura of being irreverent, irrelevant little ditties, while in reality they are penetratingly strident observations" But really it could be either. You guess which one.
7. And then take time out to dig A Wizard, A True Star which was Todd's effort to put an LSD trip on vinyl
But don't forget to buy Kevin's record too because it made us like Todd's record again.