Ahhh Parklife – Welcome back! How I love it when we realise that you are just around the corner, you seem to be the light at the end of the winter season and lack of music festivals tunnel! Each year you bless us with a line-‐up that ensures to make us groove as an always-‐exciting introduction into the summer festival season.
With any music festival now days what you wear is almost as important as who is gracing the stage with their presence, a cool mixture of practicality and summer style without getting too excited its getting warmer, so many factors contribute to the perfect Parklife festival outfit.
So to help ya’ll all out here is a bit of a Top 10 WHAT NOT TO DO when styling your perfect Parklife ensemble, and who knows you may feature on the vine/pedestrian/hobogestapo/myblogiscoolerthanyoursis Parklife festival fashions album:
1. DO NOT sport fluro coloured Rayban rip offs – just don’t, please.
2. DO NOT Wear so much fake-‐tan you begin to look like an extra from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
3. DO NOT wear a flannelette onsie in the form of a giant panda, crocodile, Pikachu – whatever. It has been done! (This all goes for American Indian headdresses and those weird spirit hood/beanies with hand pockets)
4. Bikinis are not classified as clothing, they are meant for the beach and NOT Parklife, I know the fellas will hate me for saying this but, please ladies a singlet to match your new season denim oneteaspoon Bonitas wont hurt.
5. DO NOT forget at least some sort of jumper, although Parklife is the teaser of summer times it still manages to be a hell of a lot colder than your outfit would prefer, do yourself a favour and cover up even just a lil.
6. DO NOT not consider wearing a hat, be sun-‐safe and stylish, but please leave your Nautica caps at home, save them for Defquon 1.
7. DO NOT wear your most expensive newest additions to your wardrobe, Parklife can be a bit over the top when it comes to festival fashion, but that’s no reason to spoil your new Josh Goot outfit. Save it for the after-party, it might even help you get in.
8. I know this is a no brainer for most of us but some people continue to persist so here is a reminder: HEELS OF ANY SORT/SHAPE/STYLE ARE NOT FESTIVAL APPROPRIATE NO MATTER WHAT, NO EXCUSES.
9. Do not think that taking your shirt off will get you any
at least any that you would consider introducing to your mother this is for the ladies and the fellas, leave it on. Sweaty moshpitt bods are no ‘body’s cup-‐of-‐tea, no matter how much protein you drink.
10. DO NOT bring a backpack so big it takes up so much room that it compromises somebody else’s front row spot to JUSTICE. A bag, YES. A duffle so big you could fit Tyrion Lannister in it, NO. Just the essentials please guys.